The popularity of the color gold has resurfaced in recent years. Once a staple of hand-painted window signage in the 1920’s and 30’s, these gold vinyl window graphics demonstrate why the use of this metallic color is so effective visually.
INVITATION DETAILS: As a recipient of this email you can buy a 6 month image subscription for just $199 (instead of the yearly price of $395). You still get full access to every file; including vehicle templates, high resolution photography, vectors and wraps. This is a unique opportunity to try this product without the yearly pricing!
In this video brought to you by MACtac, we will take a look at how to install MACtac IMAGin Verde window graphics. MACtac IMAGin Verde is a line of greener alternative vinyls for wide and grand format digital printing. The environmentally friendly MACtac IMAGin Verde window graphics is ideal for window advertisements and upscale decor. The product allows you to apply window graphics with no visible border and can be cleanly removed for up to two years, even in high traffic areas. Installation is easy, and any novice can do it with a little practice.
Tools Needed: Isopropyl Alcohol, Soft Felt Squeegee
Step 1 Prep the surface using Isopropyl Alcohol. Be sure to dry the surface after prep
Step 2 Using the wet application saturate the surface and the graphic
Step 3 Remove liner and apply the graphic to the saturated surface, float into place
Step 4 Once in place, use a soft felt squeegee to smooth the graphic
Step 5 Dry the area
The MACtac IMAGin Verde window graphics are perfect for Point-of-Purchase, small businesses, restaurants, commercial decor and more. While you have choices for window graphics, MACtac IMAGin Verde can offer optimum clarity, sustainability and competitive pricing.
The unlimited possibilities of frosted window vinyl for plotters – Application Spotlight
Until recently, the only way to achieve an etched window effect was to dish out thousands of dollars to have it engraved. Now, frosted window film made for plotters has given designers in the large format printing industry a relatively easy medium for replicating that expensive etched glass look.
The following images demonstrate intricately cut designs that resembles etched glass
Window Film Application Spotlight for the Large Format Graphics and Printing Industry
Take a moment to browse these creative window film applications and let your mind wander as you become inspired for your next project.
In this tutorial you will learn how to easily install perforated window vinyl – just like the experts. Installing a perforated window graphic is similar to installing other adhesive-backed large format printed graphics, yet very different in ways and it will take several practice runs before mastering the art.
1. Gather the following materials:
- Felt Squeegee
- Paper Towers (For Cleanup)
- Isopropyl Alcohol or Presaturated wipes to prep window
- Masking tape
- Razor blade or x-acto knife
- Tape measure and level
2. Clean the window surface and remove all dust particles – always start with a freshly cleaned window.
3. Position the graphic – When the graphic is aligned to your liking use your masking and apply it to the top of your graphic so creates a hinge. *If you are installing a full window graphic, use your tape measure or ruler to make sure the edges and corners are evenly spread throughout the window.
4. Peel off adhesive backing from a top portion of the graphic (see video). Using a felt squeegee (to avoid scratching the surface of the graphic) press firmly and product a back and forth (left to right) movement, beginning at the top slowly working your way to the bottom.
5. For Wet Application Only – Once complete, make sure all liquid is removed from the area (and behind the graphic). Wipe down the surrounding area with a cloth.
6. For graphics touching the edge of the window seal, trim the excess away.