There are a variety of benefits that come with belonging to a sign association. They offer membership options that can include access to valuable resources such as networking with industry professionals, discounts, training and learning, exposure for your business, and more. Here is a short list of top sign and graphic-related associations:
- State and Local Sign Associations – A quick search for your local and state sign associations will produce numerous results.
- Regional Sign Associations – These organizations target entire regions. For example: Northeast States Sign Association and Southern States Sign Association
- International Sign Association – “ISA represents manufacturers, suppliers, and users of on-premise signs and sign products. ISA and its Affiliated Associations work to support, promote, and improve the worldwide sign and graphics industry.”
- SGIA – The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association supports the wide format industry.
- AIGA – the American Institute of Graphic Arts. “The professional association of design” represents 22,000 members and is the largest membership-based graphic design organization.
- Graphics Artists Guild – Known for their publication The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines, the GAG helps design and illustration professionals enhance their skill set and careers.
Review the benefits of each membership and decide which one is best for you. If there are additional sign associations or valuable resources that we may have left out, please add them to the comments section below.