It is critical to keep your wide format printer maintained to ensure the longevity of the machine and high-quality prints.
List of printer maintenance supplies
- Gloves: Latex or nitrile gloves should be used when printer maintenance is performed to avoid direct contact with chemicals such as ink and cleaning solvents.
- Eye Protection: Safety goggles can help prevent the splashing of ink or other solvents in eyes
- Paper towels: Have paper towels available nearby in case of spills or needed cleanup.
- Print Swabs: Print head swabs are used to clean hard-to-reach areas of the printer. Using print heads can extend the life of the print heads and improve the quality of your prints.
- Print Head Wipes: It is critical to use a polyester, lint-free wipe, with attribute similar to those seen in cleanroom wipes to clean print heads and other sensitive materials of a printer.
- Spray bottle: Refer to your specific printer manual for acceptable cleaning solvents
Print head cleaning for large format printers
*These wide format printer maintenance supplies are recommendations only. Refer to your printer manual for maintenance procedures.