If you’ve invested in a vinyl wrap for your vehicle, you need to know how to care for it the right way. Insufficient maintenance can mean your wrap, over time, will deteriorate or degrade which is the last thing you want.
Here are some tips on how to care for your wrap and keep it looking like it’s brand new:
Cleaning the car
- Dirt and acid are a vinyl wrap’s two worst enemies, so make sure your car is kept clean.
- Don’t use brush type automatic car washes. They are too harsh and will rub or chip away your wrap.
- Hand washing is the recommended method for keeping your car clean.
- Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth and a mild cleaning solution.
- Wash your car at least once a week, more if you notice it has become dirty.
- Rinse off dirt using low-pressure water. No power hoses!
- Soak stubborn dirt for a few minutes before wiping clean. Don’t use any abrasive scrubbing methods.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Let the car air dry, or you can dry it off using a microfibre cloth, do not use a heat drying method.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can fade and degrade your wrap.
- Keep your vehicle out of sunlight when not in use.
- Use a garage or covered driveway to park your car in at home.
- If you don’t have a covered area, use a tarp to cover your car on sunny days.
- When out and about, park in sheltered or in shaded areas.
- Most standard vinyl wrap can be polished using wax of high quality.
- Don’t use any polishes that are abrasive or that contain any cutting compounds.
Perforated window film
If you have perforated window film, make sure you do not:
- Open the windows.
- Use heating or defrosting elements.
- Use windshield wipers.
By taking care of your vinyl wrap the right way, you can ensure that you get to enjoy it for the maximum time possible and stop it from degrading even when exposed to dirt and pollutants. Regular maintenance and cleaning will have your vehicle looking like it just rolled off the showroom floor and keep heads turning when you drive on by!