The following are answers to commonly asked questions about environmental recommendations for HP Latex Wide Format Printers.
- Relative humidity range for best print quality: 40–60%, depending on substrate type
- Relative humidity range for printing: 20–80%, depending on substrate type
- Temperature range for best print quality: 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F), depending on substrate type
- Temperature range for printing: 15 to 30°C (59 to 86°F), depending on substrate type
- Temperature range when not in operation / storage of HP Latex Printer: -25 to +55°C (-13 to +131°F)
- Temperature gradient: no more than 10°C/h (18°F/h)
- Maximum altitude when printing: 3000 m (10000 ft)
NOTE: The printer must be kept indoors.
NOTE: If the printer or ink cartridges are moved from a cold location to a warm and humid location, water
from the atmosphere can condensate on the printer parts and cartridges and can result in ink leaks and
printer errors. In this case, HP recommends that you wait at least 3 hours before turning on the printer or
installing the ink cartridges, to allow the condensate to evaporate.